Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Introduction to All Things... Me.

So, the name's Audra. Some of you know me as Elizabeth, and still some of you know me as Audrey (but you're under 5 and most likely don't know this is here; however, you helped name this blog). I'm 15, adore music, and do very crazy things (like wear a toboggan in 84 degree weather and listen to Christmas music in April), but most importantly, I write. It's become like a lifeline for me. Thankfully, I'm joined in this adventure by three very special people, who go by the names of Amber, Monica, and Victoria (otherwise referred to as Rambo, Moni, and Vi.)

My writing adventures started almost three years ago on a Sunday night in August 2006. I had always wanted to edit, but while looking through something, I heard God very clearly tell me to write a book. From there, the rest has been history. I seriously started working on Micaela's Light, a story about a girl struggling to trust an invisible God as her life is turned upside down, last June.

The journey has been absolutely incredible. I started out writing a book, having absolutely no clue as to what I was doing. Trying to shape characters, find my voice, figure out pacing... it's all been a beautiful (while heart wrenching) journey. One that I wouldn't trade for anything. Granted, there are times I'd love to give up and just quit... but writing has become an integral part of me, one that I can't give up.

Welcome to my life.

-Audrey

1 comment:

Lora said...

Beautiful blog Dear One! Your writing journey has been incredible. Looking forward to hearing more.