Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sunny With a Chance of Critique Group

I have a confession to make.

I'm 15 and I still watch the Disney Channel.

YES, I do watch Hannah Montana (I actually watched six episodes of season three last night). And NO, I don't hate it.

Recently, DC has started a new show called Sonny With a Chance. It's about a girl, Sonny Monroe, who gets a chance to make it big in Hollywood. It took a few episodes for the show to grow on me, but I absolutely adore it now.

Similarly, I'm a girl, hoping to get my chance in the publishing industry. So, I thought it'd be cute to do a spin on Sonny With a Chance.

I thought of "Audra With a Chance" because it has the five letters of Sonny, but it's a little harsh on the tongue, so then I thought of "Audry with a Chance". It also had the five letters, and I even have a friend whose name is spelled that way. But for stylistic reasons, I went with Audrey (plus the fact that I do have little kids that call me Audrey), even though it has six letters. It still has that 'y' ending to it. Thus, the story behind "Audrey With a Chance". Now I just need a theme song...

Anyhoo, today is critique group. I have about 45 minutes before Vi comes to pick me up... and I have nothing written. So... I have to get busy.

Oh, and btw, I'm really liking the new Hannah Montana intro for S3. =)

-Audrey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I really enjoy your blog and hope you continue to update it. I'm not so sure about the HM thing, but I love Sonny with a Chance! Yes, a theme sogn would be fun:)

Blessings from another Christian writer- Abi