Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Clear and Windy With a Chance of Writer's Quotes

As you can tell, I rearranged the blog this week. I turned 16 on the 16th, so I figured something a little new might be fun. =)

As I was working on the header, I looked up quotes... and found a lot that I liked! I used one by Audra Foveo-Alba (because we share the same first name), but I thought I'd share the other ones that I would've loved to have used.


Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. 
 ~E.L. Doctorow

The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. 
 ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. 
 ~William Wordsworth

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible
 ~Vladimir Nabakov

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. 
 ~Anton Chekhov

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. 
 ~Mark Twain

I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork. 
 ~Peter De Vries

Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. 
 ~Gene Fowler

Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.
 ~Francis Bacon

Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum. 
 ~Graycie Harmon

Ink on paper is as beautiful to me as flowers on the mountains; God composes, why shouldn't we? 
 ~Audra Foveo-Alba

The only cure for writer's block is insomnia. 
 ~Merit Antares

You write to communicate to the hearts and minds of others what's burning inside you. And we edit to let the fire show through the smoke. 
 ~Arthur Polotnik

If I'm trying to sleep, the ideas won't stop. If I'm trying to write, there appears a barren nothingness. 
 ~Carrie Latet

Write your first draft with your heart. Re-write with your head.
 ~From the movie Finding Forrester

If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams. ~Danzae Pace

You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club. 
~ Jack London



Until the next clubbing,
Audra E.

1 comment:

an encourager said...

Hi! I love that you are inspired to write at such a young age. When Focus on the Family's Brio Magazine (no longer around)published my very first article, ever, they stamped the contract in bold red lettering. It said, "Author". That thrill made all the pile of rejection letters worth it. Keep writing!