Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mostly Cloudy With a Chance of Reassurance

The past month has been a busy one.

At the end of July/beginning of August, I participated in a drama camp through my church, which was awesome, amazing, fabulous, fantastic, etc. I learned SO much, but not just in acting. Every morning started out with a time of worship, and it set a great tone for the day. And not only did we learn how to be better actors, but it also opened us up to hearing the Lord and what He had to say... He obviously had a lot to say to me that week. It was pretty awesome.

Sometime in August, I started my senior year of high school. (It's pretty pathetic that I don't even remember what day that I started my senior year of high school... but I guess that only matters to a detail oriented person like myself...). So far, I have geometry (which is getting more difficult...) and today, I started Composition II at the local community college. I have to admit, English is my easiest subject, but since I failed to sign up until last minute, I didn't know who my professor was until today. Well, the Lord really pulled through for me... my professor is GREAT. I have a feeling that this will be a great semester. He'll probably be more strict than my Comp I teacher was (which isn't a bad thing... but could be if I forget something...), but that's not such a bad thing. It may help discipline me. You know, a little fine tuning...


Mentioning fine tuning, I've had a lot of things happening and going on personally, of which I know are a time for character shaping and fine tuning me personally. 99% of it has been wonderful, but that other 1% (like having to get braces put back on) sometimes feels a little overwhelming. It's been a definite learning experience... not getting caught up in what I've been told, but focusing on growing in my relationship in God right now. Not that it's passed... I still sometimes that I'm very much walking through some troubled times. But today I started a new Bible study (which let me say, was not my choice, and I was NOT very excited about starting it...), and as I got to the closing, the words on written on the page were the EXACT things I needed to read. They didn't give me answers... but they gave me reassurance that I'm making the right decisions. And while everything may not turn out the way I want it to or think it will, there's something beautiful in store. For the time being, I know He's up to something... just not sure what yet.


I found this quote earlier tonight on one of my Facebook friend's profile... and thought it was pretty cool. It was just kind of like, "This is where I am right now... and that's what makes it so great." So, hopefully, this little piece of wisdom will make you think the way it did me.


"Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone."

Until the next writing,
Audra E.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Oh dear one, He is at work and I'm believing there is something beautiful in store...
And soo much more.
With much love and great anticipation of the Mighty God in the details of life,
Mama