Monday, March 8, 2010

Ahh, spring break...



(picture taken at college, February '10)

Well, hey there kids. Once again, I'm back to assure you that I am indeed alive. I promise, one of these days I'll remember to swing by here on a more regular basis.

Today is the beginning of spring break. I hadn't even realized how worn out I was from the last 2 1/2 months until I woke up Saturday morning... and just wanted to sleep all day. I really wasn't even looking forward to spring break until I woke up that day and realized that I had a whole entire week all to myself with nothing to do... no studying for chemistry tests or writing history papers... no homework to worry about... n.o.t.h.i.n.g. Talk about some major singing of the Hallelujah chorus... all in my head, of course.

So this week, I'm planning on sleeping in every single day, cleaning my desk up, catching up on geometry and writing an economics paper that's long overdue, working on photos, reading some books, watching movies, hanging out with friends, and being a general bum. I mean, hey, I only get this one week until the beginning of summer. That's a long time. I'm gonna make the most out of this week... or at least plan to.

It's funny how I plan things... For instance - I watched three movies this afternoon and evening and then planned on going to bed... well, here it is at 3:31 a.m. on my first day of spring break, and my 4 billion decisions in the past 3 weeks and months to go to bed earlier are not working... obviously. So here I am in my sister's green pullover, working on freewrites, a new story idea, writing a blog post, and convincing myself I should go to bed since I have a friend coming over to spend the night tomorrow night. For some reason, most of my planning is quite faulty and I  hardly follow through with it. I'm still currently on a quest to find why this is...

So now I'm left wondering... why do I do this to myself? I mean, sheesh, it's almost 4 a.m. If I'd actually go to bed before midnight, I'd get so much more sleep and my days would be so much prettier... but anywho.

Until my next late night...
audra

No comments: